Liquor Liability

Tennessee Liquor Liability Insurance

Do you need Liquor Liability Insurance?

Liquor always carries risk, whether or not you are serving it at your special event or own a business that facilitates the sale of alcohol. Tennessee liquor liability insurance protects your business or event in the case of a guest or patron becoming intoxicated and injuring themselves or someone else, or damaging property. If your business manufactures, sells, serves, or facilitates the use or purchase of alcohol, then you need liquor liability insurance coverage.

Tennessee Liquor Liability 101

Liquor liability rules and policies are very confusing, and they vary drastically from state to state. On top of that, trying to find the proper liquor liability coverage for your event or business can often be confusing and time-consuming. But Veritas is here to help. First, let’s start with some basic information on the subject:

  • “Dram Shop” Laws: determine the accountability of those who serve alcohol for the damage done by a visibly intoxicated person to him/herself, other patrons or guests, and property. They vary widely from state to state as they are solely established at the state level. They can apply not only to bars, liquor stores, and restaurants but also to social clubs and private events where liquor is served. Dram shop laws also include regulations and coverage for selling liquor without a license, selling liquor after hours, and selling liquor to minors.
  • Liquor Legal Liability: covers you in the case that you are held legally responsible for property damage or bodily injury which were caused by your patron or someone who got drunk under your watch and authority. This coverage is offered under a separate policy and is only applicable for businesses that manufacture, sell, distribute, or serve alcoholic beverages for a charge. This coverage is never included in a general liability policy.
  • Host Liquor Liability Insurance Policies: cover parties and special events which businesses host for their employees, clients, or prospective clients where alcohol is served. Individuals hosting large parties or gatherings such as class reunions or weddings where alcohol will be served also need this type of coverage.

Get a Quote Today

Get a Quote
How can Veritas help?

Alcohol vendors are being held increasingly responsible for damage caused by intoxicated patrons and guests under new state laws and recent court rulings. However, over half of the businesses in the US that serve alcohol are not covered in these key areas.

Veritas can help simplify this process for you and your business by walking you through it step by step and staying by your side every step of the way. Call us today at (423) 292-4142, or click on “Get a Quote” and one of our awesome team members will contact you within one business day to complete your quote!