Auto insurance is not a luxury or commodity.
Unfortunately, most of the time, drivers do not stop to consider whether or not their limits will fully cover them in an accident until it is too late. It is important to try to save money, but it is never good to cut corners when it comes to auto insurance. If you are involved in an at-fault accident without proper limits and are sued by the other driver, it will cost you far more than your premiums would have on a good auto insurance plan.
Thankfully, there are ways to keep costs down and yet still have great protection. Many factors such as your driving record, type of vehicle and vehicle use may provide discounts. Most auto insurance carriers also offer many other discounts. Depending on the carrier, this could include a discount for owning a home or a discount for payment in full. We can often lower your costs if you have both an auto policy and home or renters policy with the same carrier. As an independent agency Veritas is free to do the searching for you. We represent many different carriers and will work diligently to find you the best rates and discounts for your unique lifestyle.
Another way for us to ensure that you have the best protection at the lowest premium available is to examine your necessary coverage levels. There are several different levels of coverage that make up an auto policy:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Bodily injury coverage is legally required for all drivers in the state of Tennessee and covers the driver and passengers of the other car in the case of an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This covers the cost of any damage that your vehicle causes to another person’s property. While this usually refers to the other vehicle involved in an accident, it can also include houses, garages, and anything else that counts as property.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist: This pays for the damages that result from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist. This also pays for damages which cost more than an underinsured motorist’s coverage can pay for.
- Personal Injury Protection: This offers medical coverage for the policyholder and his or her family in the event of a collision, regardless of fault. It will also provide coverage for pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle. Many options are available to provide funeral expenses and other important coverage’s needed when you are hurt and cannot work.
- Collision: Covers damage done to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from something other than a collision. Examples for this would be hitting a deer, broken windshields, theft or flood.
- Other Miscellaneous Coverage: This varies depending on the insurance provider.
At Veritas, we are here to help you with every step of the process. Our awesome team members will analyze each of your unique risks to find you the best coverage at the lowest price. Now that you know a little more about your liabilities as a vehicle owner and driver, give us a call to find the perfect policy for you and your family.